1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can chicken broth
2/4 cup milk
2 cups cooked chicken
(1 oven roaster cooked and shredded)
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1-2 tablespoons water
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In small bowl whisk 1 egg and 1-2 tablespoons water. Set egg wash aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Stirring often, simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Add chicken and vegetables. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Use a pastry brush to apply an egg wash.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil, place the pie on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.